A favorite route of local cyclists.
Lodi is a top destination for avid cyclists and recreational riders alike
Welcome cyclists! Lodi is a great place to bike. Why do cyclists love Lodi so much? Maybe it’s our year-round Mediterranean climate and flat, endless country roads lined with scenic vineyards, orchards, and tranquil pastures. Perhaps it’s the reward of arriving at dozens of wineries and tasting rooms nestled among vibrant vines for a well-deserved glass of Lodi wine. Or could it be the many cycling events Lodi hosts throughout the year?
Lodi is within easy cycling distance of the Cosumnes River Preserve (great birding area in the fall and spring), the Delta (small river towns along the Sacramento River), and Micke Grove Park (zoo, historical society, and manicured park grounds). Lodi cyclists have put together a number of routes that will help you to explore our region.
All of the bike routes can be printed from the Visit Lodi! website, downloaded into your Garmin, or accessed through the RideWithGPS app on your phone. Click here for more information about using the RideWithGPS app.
Do you need to rent a bike? Downtown Bicycles has you covered! Their conveniently located shop, only a few doors down from the Downtown Visitor Center, offers adult bikes for rent and purchase.
Lodi, CA Bike Routes
- Cosumnes River Preserve with Blossom Road Loop | 36.4 mi
- Four Wineries and a Cafe | 24.4 mi
- East-North Figure Eight with Winery Stops | 24.4 mi
- Lodi Lake Family Fun Ride | 5 mi
- Delta River Ride to Sacramento with Return by Train | 53 mi
- Lodi Airport Cafe with Winery Stops | 25.7 mi
- Ride Country Roads Linking Lodi, Galt, Thornton, and Woodbridge with Food Stops | 40 mi
- Bird Watching, Wine Tasting & Lunch | 29.4 mi
- Weekend Wine Jaunt | 10.6 mi
Annual Cycling Events in Lodi
The Lodi is filled with cycling enthusiasts who host and support a number of annual cycling events including but not limited to:
- Lodi Cyclefest | Presented by Michael David Winery and Delta Velo Cycling. This annual event takes place in downtown Lodi featuring a 5K run followed by amateur and professional men’s and women’s races as well as The Vintners Cup – a beach cruiser race exclusively for wine industry professionals. For more information, visit www.deltavelo.com/lodi_cyclefest.
- Tour delle Vingne | Presented by the Lodi Sunrise Rotary Club. A 50K, 100K or 100-mile ride through Lodi Wine Country. Visit www.tourdellevigne.com for details.
- Giro D’Vino | Presented by Michael David Winery and Delta Velo Cycling. A 48-mile tour through Lodi Wine Country with stops at numerous wineries. Visit www.deltavelo.com/giro_d_vino for more information.
- Cyclocross | This annual race has been hosted at LangeTwins Winery since 2009, including the 2014 USA Cycling/NCNCA district Cyclocross championship. Visit www.langetwins.com/cyclocross-team for more information.
Other Cycling Options in Lodi, CA
In addition to yearly sports and cycling events, both Michael David Winery and LangeTwins Family Winery actively sponsor cycling teams as well as individual professional cyclists.
- Michael David Winery’s Delta Velo Cycling team (www.deltavelo.com) competes yearly in nearly 100 events in California and across the country.
- LangeTwins Family Winery sponsors a total of three teams including a Cycling Team (www.langetwins.com/cycling-team), a Cyclocross Team (www.langetwins.com/cyclocross-team) with partner and local Cyclocross sensation Cody “The Kid” Kaiser, and an Active Team (www.langetwins.com/active-team) – a small group of runners and cyclists in Northern California who compete in 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon runs as well as GranFondos and other fun cycling challenges.