Lodi is the perfect oasis for rest, relaxation, and really good food. Whether in town for a whirlwind weekend or just whisking your honey away for the day, here are five unique ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Lodi.
1. Splurge on a Couple’s Massage at the Spa at Wine & Roses Hotel
- Instead of stressing over your Valentine’s Day dinner plans, spend the day relaxing at The Spa at Wine & Roses Hotel.
- This state-of-the-art spa offers everything from detoxing body treatments and moisturizing facials to manicures and salon-style blowouts.
- Best of all, procedures primarily incorporate green products, so you won’t have to worry about harmful chemicals messing with your skin. The 60-minute couple’s massage is always a significant hit come Valentine’s Day.
2. Plan a Wine and Cheese Picnic at Oak Farm Vineyards
- While many of Lodi’s wineries and vineyards offer picnic tables to guests, Oak Farm Vineyards has one of the most idyllic settings for Valentine's Day.
- To prep for your romantic day, stock up on artisanal cheeses, olive oil, freshly baked bread and cured meats at Cheese Central in Downtown Lodi.
- Then make your way to Oak Farm Vineyards, where you can sample a few wines before purchasing a bottle to pair with your cheese and charcuterie selections.
3. Indulge in Handmade Pasta at Pietro’s Trattoria
- If you’ve ever watched Disney’s Lady and the Tramp, you probably know where we’re going with this one.
- When it comes to romantic restaurants, Pietro’s Trattoria takes the cake…or in this case, the (pizza) pie.
- The farm-to-fork menu is full of surprises, with dishes rotating to include in-season produce.
- That said, there are always the classics—like spaghetti with meatballs and fettuccine alfredo—to fall back on.
- Pair your dish with a glass of wine and toast to your valentine.
4. Surprise Your Sweetie with Lodi Wine & Chocolate Weekend Fest Tickets
- What says Valentine's Day more than #lodiwine and chocolate? Nothing that's what!
- Over 50 wineries in Lodi will be participating in the 22nd Annual Lodi Wine & Chocolate Weekend on February 9 and 10 where you can indulge in handcrafted Lodi wines and delicious chocolate treats!
- There are so many terrific wineries that are participating like D'Art Wine, Klinker Brick, Macchia, Prie, Mettler Family Vineyards and so many more, that you'll be spoiled for choices as to which wineries to visit with your loved one!
- Purchase your tickets in advance and check out all of the participating wineries by visiting lodiwineandchocolate.com.
- Coming from out of town? Plan to stay the night and book one of Lodi's accommodations, including franchise favorites, bed and breakfasts, vacation rentals and more!
5. Gallery Hop in Downtown Lodi
- If you’re looking for a day activity that showcases the best sights and sounds of Lodi, take a walking tour of downtown.
- You might even find the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for your special someone.
- Take a stroll to some of Lodi’s best art galleries, such as Tony Segale’s Double Dip Gallery, which features local artists and an ice cream counter that serves a large selection of delicious Gunther’s Ice Cream.
- Or on the first Friday of every month, explore Lodi Art Hop, where you’ll discover new and exciting work while sipping on wine and nibbling on cheese.
By Megan Eileen McDonough
Plan your Lodi getaway at VisitLodi.com and view our FREE guides available to visitors by clicking here. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for news and information on upcoming events and be sure to tag us in all your photos and use #visitlodi.