Visit Lodi! is looking for an awesome new addition to our staff!
The Visit Lodi! Office Manager is a full-time position that reports directly to the President and CEO. The Office Manager will be responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of the Downtown Lodi Visitor Center. Additionally, the Office Manager will assist with marketing and promoting Lodi as a premier tourism destination through attending tradeshows, writing newsletter articles, and assisting the CEO and Digital Media Manager as needed.
- Serve as a primary source for visitor information for Lodi and the surrounding area
- Provide excellent customer service
- Supervise the weekend Customer Service Rep staff member, including hiring and discipline
- Fill-in for weekend Customer Service Rep, as needed
- Screen and route incoming phone calls
- Open and sort mail
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, and billing
- Manage retail: ordering, inventory, pricing, and sales
- Maintain IDSS and Mail Chimp databases
- Coordinate the annual Tourism Luncheon, manage most aspects of the event, and serve as day-of coordinator
- Manage Visit Lodi! marketing material in Downtown Lodi kiosks and corkboards
- Write articles for the monthly newsletter and blogs, as needed
- Prepare monthly visitor tracking reports
- Maintain the official minute's binder for all committees including the Board and Executive Committee
- Make monthly deliveries of Lodi Visitor Guides to attractions, wineries, and lodging properties
- Maintain visitor info brochure racks, making sure they are stocked, and attraction information is in inventory
- Maintain visitor center exhibits including updating event listings and attraction exhibits
- Organization and cleanliness of the lobby, conference and storage rooms
- Maintain the proper working care of all office systems: phones, copier, and postage meter
- Annually prepare the Office Department budget and meet all department budget projections
- Run errands as needed
- Order office and janitorial supplies
- Mailing visitor guides to leads
- Work tradeshows and local event information booths
- Assist the President and CEO with other responsibilities and project work, as required
Skills & Education Needed:
- High School Diploma; some college preferred
- Progressive experience in an office environment
- MS Office knowledge at the intermediate level or above
- Knowledge of mass email marketing programs (i.e., MailChimp, Vertical Response, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Professionalism and excellent communication (verbal & written)
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision and self-direct work activity
- Demonstrated experience performing detailed administrative work
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
- Event planning experience preferred
Physical/Sensory/Cognitive Requirements to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to sit at a desk for 6-8 hours per day if required.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and view a computer screen for 7-8 hours per day, if required
- Ability to set up and tear down tradeshow booths, equipment, and marketing materials.
- Must be able to bend and stretch to reach file drawers.
- Must be able to carry 30 pounds up a flight of stairs and lift 50 pounds in weight.
*This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. An employee may be required to perform other duties as needed to meet the needs of the organization.
**This position is full-time and works Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a 30-minute lunch break. Some travel and work outside regular hours are required but limited. Must possess a valid driver’s license, insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
***This position pays $15.00 to $18.00 per hour, DOE – plus benefits
Interested individuals should email a resume AND cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.