Lodi is a top destination for avid cyclists and recreational riders alike
Welcome cyclists! Lodi is a great place to bike. Why do cyclists love Lodi so much? Maybe it’s our year-round Mediterranean climate and flat, endless country roads lined with scenic vineyards, orchards, and tranquil pastures. Perhaps it’s the reward of arriving at dozens of wineries and tasting rooms nestled among vibrant vines for a well-deserved glass of Lodi wine. Or could it be the many cycling events that Lodi hosts throughout the year?
Lodi is within easy cycling distance of the Cosumnes River Preserve (great birding area in the fall and spring), the Delta (small river towns along the Sacramento River), and Micke Grove Park (zoo, historical society, and manicured park grounds). Lodi cyclists have put together a number of routes that will help you to explore our region.
All of the bike routes can be printed from the Visit Lodi! website, downloaded into your Garmin, or accessed through the RideWithGPS app on your phone. Click here for more information about using the RideWithGPS app.
The Top 9 Lodi, CA Bike Routes
- Cosumnes River Preserve with Blossom Road Loop | 36.4 mi
- Four Wineries and a Cafe | 24.4 mi
- East-North Figure Eight with Winery Stops | 24.4 mi
- Lodi Lake Family Fun Ride | 5 mi
- Delta River Ride to Sacramento with Return by Train | 53 mi
- Lodi Airport Cafe with Winery Stops | 25.7 mi
- Ride Country Roads Linking Lodi, Galt, Thornton, and Woodbridge with Food Stops | 40 mi
- Bird Watching, Wine Tasting & Lunch | 29.4 mi
- Weekend Wine Jaunt | 10.6 mi
Click here for more Lodi routes.
Annual Cycling Events in Lodi
The Lodi is filled with cycling enthusiasts who host and support a number of annual cycling events including but not limited to:
- Lodi Cyclefest | Presented by Michael David Winery and Delta Velo Cycling. This annual event takes place in downtown Lodi featuring a 5K run followed by amateur and professional men’s and women’s races as well as The Vintners Cup – a beach cruiser race exclusively for wine industry professionals. For more information, visit www.deltavelo.com/lodi_cyclefest.
- Tour delle Vigne | Presented by the Lodi Sunrise Rotary Club. A 50K, 100K or 100-mile ride through Lodi Wine Country. Visit www.tourdellevigne.com for details.
- Giro D’Vino | Presented by Michael David Winery and Delta Velo Cycling. A 48-mile tour through Lodi Wine Country with stops at numerous wineries. Visit www.deltavelo.com/giro_d_vino for more information.
- Cyclocross | This annual race has been hosted at LangeTwins Winery since 2009, including the 2014 USA Cycling/NCNCA District Cyclocross Championship.
Other Cycling Options in Lodi, CA
In addition to yearly sports and cycling events, both Michael David Winery and LangeTwins Family Winery actively sponsor cycling teams as well as individual professional cyclists.
- Michael David Winery’s Delta Velo Cycling team (www.deltavelo.com) competes yearly in nearly 100 events in California and across the country.
- LangeTwins Family Winery sponsors a Cyclocross Team with, partner and local Cyclocross sensation, Cody “The Kid” Kaiser.
*Caution: You will be riding primarily on country roads with no bike lanes. Please ride responsibly and pull off the road to let large farm machinery pass safely. The routes in this map are provided as a representation of routes commonly used by local riders. No representation is made that they are safe from vehicular, animal, or road hazards. Users are cautioned to exercise judgment. Users assume all risks of riding bikes on the routes and agree to release hold harmless Visit Lodi! from any and all injuries or damages incurred as a result of riding on the routes.